Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Quick Thoughts & Updates


I've been jumping around between a lot of different games over the past few weeks, but no one thing has warranted a full-length post yet. For the time being, here's a quick collection of thoughts and updates on what I've been playing:

  • Lara Croft Go: This is one of the first mobile games I've played all the way through. It's a clever little puzzle game that was a pleasant activity to chip away at on my tablet before bed. Toward the end, a few of the puzzles began to feel a little repetitive, but overall it was a joy from start to finish.
    Score: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

  • Chrono Trigger: I'm probably about 2/3 of the way through the game and it's still great. However I'm definitely experiencing the third act slog typical of old-school RPGs as the dungeons are getting longer and battles much more frequent. I should also mention that at this point the Android version has become pretty buggy (largely due to the rather obtrusive DRM Square Enix added to this port), and thus I'd very strongly recommend playing one of the other versions of the game instead. I've heard especially good things about the Nintendo DS version.

  • Nintendo Switch: While lately my PC and tablet have been getting a lot of attention, I'll always be a Nintendo fan at heart, so of course I pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch as soon as they became available. Though I'm a little concerned about some of the seemingly over-priced peripherals and muddled marketing messages (especially regarding gimmicky motion controls), I'm still counting down the days until the system and the new Zelda game arrive. A Nintendo handheld that can also be played on a TV is something I've been wanting since the Gameboy days, so the Switch seems like it'll be right up my ally.

No comments:

Post a Comment