Saturday, August 13, 2016

Welcome!



Welcome to Tales from the Backlog! I'm Capsulejay and this a blog in which I'll collect my thoughts and impressions as I tackle my videogame backlog while also playing some of the highlights from the current release schedule. The main focus will be on games available for Nintendo systems and PC. I've been kicking around the idea of starting a game blog for some time now, but like any self-respecting millennial, it took a hashtag and a made-up holiday (#Blaugust) to motivate me to finally get started.

The way I keep track of my gaming backlog is by using a videogame library manager called Grouvee. I could gush all day about how great Grouvee is (especially that it automatically syncs with Steam), but I'll spare you that and just say that I highly recommend it if you have a big library of games to sort through. For the past year, I've also been writing reviews for each game I beat in my backlog and posting them to my Grouvee profile. Any subsequent reviews I write will be posted here as well. See links below for my backlog and those previous reviews:


As for the hardware I'm playing on, for the past decade or so, I've primarily been a pure Nintendo guy, so I of course have a 3DS and a Wii U as well as most of the previous Nintendo systems. However, a year ago I decided to dive back into PC gaming (my wife's influence), so I also have a self-assembled gaming desktop computer. If you're interested in the specs or details of that machine, see the write-ups I did for PC Part Picker below:

Original Budget Machine:  https://pcpartpicker.com/b/K8tJ7P

A related topic I'll be covering in this blog are “gaming shames,” i.e. games that as a life-long gamer I'm embarrassed to say that I've never played. I'm making it a goal to finally get to some of these will post more about each one as I play them.

I'm looking forward to traveling further on this backlog journey, sharing my thoughts, and discussing games; so thanks for reading and expect my first game-specific post very soon!

PS: Feel free to hit me up on Twitter!

2 comments:

  1. Hey mate, nice blog, looks like we have similar taste in games. I've been reading through your reviews. Check out my blog if it tickles your fancy.

    https://jhipst3r.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog! I enjoyed comparing our respective Persona 4 reviews. I'll be sure to give your other posts a look!

      Delete